Friday, April 29, 2016

Coming Out of Hibernation....



  Hello internet, I'm back! I know its been almost a year since I've posted anything, and I am truly sorry. I have missed posting, and I know that so much has happened in mine and Finn's life, that its hard to keep up just through Instagram and Facebook.. so thank you for being patient with me!! I know you're all wondering why I have suddenly decided to come out of blogging hibernation, so here it is: I stepped back for a while for personal reasons, which leads to this blog post today.

   I'm here to say that I will not apologize for being a teen mother. Yes, I've read the nasty comments online, and I see the shocked stares in the local Winn Dixie, and at school. Yes, I am 16. And yes, I have a baby.

   If you've read this blog before, then you already know the story of Finnley Grace and I. You'll know that I had her when I was 15 years old, and that it has changed my life completely. She has been a complete blessing to me, her father, family, friends, and many others. Some people on the other hand, don't see this experience as I do. When they look at me, they see an irresponsible teenager who got stuck with a baby. Trust me, I've heard it all, and have been called all of those terrible names that are running through your head.

  For a while, these negative comments got to me. I cried, I was mad, and I started to think of myself differently. I believed those comments and I was ashamed of myself for thinking that way. I then realized what I was thinking was wrong. I loved my baby girl dearly and I would do anything, and be called anything for her. That day I told myself that I was done believing the media, and I prayed. I asked Jesus to forgive me and get all of this shame and hatred out of my heart that I had towards the ugly comments and myself. I was done with letting the world control me. I knew that my Lord loved me and that he always would.

  Lametations 3:22-23
         The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; They are new every morning; Great is your faithfulness.

  I know that my God is so forgiving and that His love is unconditional towards all. He forgives me for sinning. He forgives me for doubting Him. He forgives us daily even when we do stupid worldly things.

  The whole purpose of this post is this: I will not apologize for being a teen mother. I will never regret having my baby girl. I will never let your negative nasty comments get to me ever again. You can call me irresponsible, stupid, too young, naive, but you will never take away the love I have for my baby. I know that Jesus forgives. He forgives all sins, even the messy ones. You can all say that my teenage pregnancy was a huge mistake and that God will never forgive my sin of having sex or a child before marriage, but I know who my God is. I know that Finnley was never a mistake, because God doesn't make mistakes. So go ahead with all of the negative comments, and keep staring because I carry my head high, my heart full, and a baby on my hip, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

  Thank you for the ones who have supported me and my journey so far, you all are a huge blessing to Finnley and I. Thank you to everyone who will read this blog, and will understand where I'm coming from, Most importantly, thank you to my Lord and Savior because without you I am nothing.

  'til next time! Temple

4 comments:

  1. It's refreshing to see you take responsibility for your actions. Of course your daughter is a blessing,as are all His children. Perhaps the negativity was derived because you and Finn's Dad were putting all accountability on Him and none on yourself. Much more mature approach this blog entry. God Bless you and Finn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you and Finn so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've so missed your awesome blog, glad you decided to come out of hibernation! Lol! You know what I feel for you, Finn, and your entire family. You all have brought countless hours of joy, laughter and happiness to SO many and I'm ever so thankful I got to be a part of that for awhile. Finn is an absolute gift from above and I can't wait to get my hands back on those chubby cheeks! And as far as the naysayers and negative people go, don't lose any sleep over anything they say sweet girl! They are obviously a coward as they hide behind their "Anonymous" comments. And I pray they don't live in a glass house because with the amount of stones they are throwing at you, someone just may drop a bolder on their house (or a house on their sister! ��)! Either way, Andrew, Peyton and I love all of you so much and are so proud of everything you do, especially taking care of and raising Finn. You are doing an outstanding job and I can't wait to see you all again! ����

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so encouraging to read, so glad to have a friend like you!

    ReplyDelete